getting near the end summer camping 2010


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Rockford
September 4th 2010
Published: September 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

When we left our friends in New Hampshire, we headed up into Maine. We started our Maine trip with a three day stay in Boothbay Harbor. We went on a whale watch trip, and saw whales, and a lot of seals. We were on the water about 4 hours. It was sunny, but quite cool for our Florida bodies. When we got back from the whale watching, we went to a nice restaurant on the dock, and ate whole lobster dinners. Back at our campsite, we leaned back and enjoyed looking at the stars. We got to see several meteor showers. Pretty awesome to watch them.

The next day, we went into town, and shopped. Their are a lot of nice shops there, and we found some souveniers to bring home. On the way into town we stopped and got lobster rolls from a small roadside shop, Captain Phil grilled lobster meat in butter, put it on a bun, then toasted it in pannini press. 3 for twenty dollars, and they were the best lobster rolls either of us had ever had. We each had one and a half, and it was all we could eat. That night we ate at a really great Chinese Restaurant, before heading back to the camp. The name is China by the Sea. If you ever get up that way, you have to stop there.

We drove half a day north to Bar Harbor. We wanted to see Acadia National Park. We had been there before, but it was raining and the visibility was poor. This time it was a sunny day and it seemed we could see forever. Acadia has Cadillac Mountain. This is the highest mountain on the east coast. Really spectacular coastlines. Lots of rocky shores, and really wonderful scenery. We drove over a hundred miles in the park that day. That evening we drove iinto town and ate at a nice place called the Chowdah House. Guess what? We ate lobster again. The price of lobster is really reasonable there, as opposed to our area. It isn't unusual to get a whole two pound lobster dinner for 12-16 dollars. We pay 25 or more for just for the tail at home. The next day we drove around the area seeing the sights. Lighthouses, parks museums,etc. We stopped for dinner at a place we had been before, the Chart Room. I was getting in a bad way for a garlic fix. I ordered a seafood pasta dish that sounded right up my alley. Lobster pieces, shrimp, scallops, and pieces of fish in a white wine, butter, garlic sauce, over Linguini. There was so much minced garlic in it I could scoop it up with my fork once the pasta was gone. Sharyn said my skin smelled of garlic for three days. It was worth it though, really a delicious meal. Sharyn had blackened Ahi Tuna with a strawberry honey glaze. That was excellent also.

Next stop Pennsylvania.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb