Riding to the Ozarks


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Orland Park
October 9th 2014
Published: October 9th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

The First Day's Ride: Orland Park, IL to Wildwood, Mo.


Rita and MeRita and MeRita and Me

This is my Can Am Spyder. I named her Rita after Rita Hayworth, a slightly more famous red head.
My next door neighbor and buddy, Ray and I are leaving Friday for a six day ride on our Can Am Spyder three wheel machines. We're going to ride the Illinois River to the St. Louis area, spend a night there and then ride through Missouri through the Ozark Mountains to Heber Springs, Arkansas near Greer's Ferry Lake. My friend and financial advisor, Jim has graciously offered the use of his cabin there for 3 nights. My brother Jim is planning on riding his motorcycle there from his home in Fayetteville, AR.

After our stay there, Ray and I will ride to Carbondale, IL and stay there for a night before riding the last 300 or so miles home. Hopefully we'll see a bit of fall color in the Ozarks and enjoy a lot of fun riding in that lovely country.

We should log between 1,200 and 1,400 miles on the trip. Looking forward to some well needed adventure.

Advertisement



9th October 2014

Ride Safely
Doesn't look like you aged any. I had to sell my Gold Wing last year due to back surgery. Rita Hayworth looks pretty good. Ride safely and keep the shinny side up.
9th October 2014

Ride Safely
Hi Don. It is so good to hear from you again. We will ride safely. Thanks for the comment.
9th October 2014

And they're off!!!
Look out, the Spyders are taking to the highways! Enjoy your trip and the beautiful scenery and be safe!
9th October 2014

I hope you guys have a great trip and hopefully the weather warms up as you head farther south.
14th October 2014

Have fun!
Can't wait to see some pics of the changing colors!

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.041s; cc: 18; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb