So Many Different Beers and...Beer Glasses!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Orland Park
September 26th 2010
Published: October 3rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

When we ordered our very first beers in Frankfurt along the Main River, we noticed how the beer glass was rather unique. It turned out that almost everywhere we went the beer and beer glasses were different.

There seem to be few, if any, beers that are sold across the nation, like in the USA. The breweries seem to be peculiar to cities and areas. Big Cities, like Munich or Stuttgart will have several brands. It was really interesting to try so many different biers-----Tough Assignment!

Dan, Marilyn and Jan-Your assignment is to remember where we were when each of these beer pictures were taken. The prize????

How about a trip to Australia?!?!

Postscript-10/6/10

News Headline & story from October 5th:

Oktoberfest Sets Record for Beer Consumption

Visitors to the Munich Oktoberfest this year drank their way into the history books by downing an unprecedented 7 million liters of beer, beating the previous high of 6.94 million reached in 2007, the organizers said. The impressive list of lost items includes a set of dentures and a live rabbit.


People wearing traditional Bavarian clothes toast with beer during the opening day of the 177th Oktoberfest in Munich, Sept. 18, 2010. Visitors to the Munich Oktoberfest this year drank their way into the history books by downing an unprecedented 7 million liters of beer.
(Leonhard Foeger/Reuters)
Was it the sunny weather, the economic recovery or the special anniversary? All three factors might have played a part in the surge in beer consumption at the two-week Munich Oktoberfest this year to 7 million liters, up 500,000 from 2009 and just above the previous high of 6.94 million set in 2007, according to an impressive set of statistics provided by the organizers after the party ended on Monday.

"I've no idea why people drank that much," Gabriele Papke, the spokeswoman for the festival, told SPIEGEL ONLINE. "They were simply thirsty or it may have been this year's visit by the Kribs' and Flahertys."


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

PaulanerPaulaner
Paulaner

Stein at Oktoberfest
ZillertalZillertal
Zillertal

Check out the head!
StieglStiegl
Stiegl

Time for a cold one!
FranzishanerFranzishaner
Franzishaner

And a schnapps!
Konig Ludwig DunkelKonig Ludwig Dunkel
Konig Ludwig Dunkel

Dunkel is dark bier
OttakringerOttakringer
Ottakringer

Different glass and a Bloody Mary!
Oh....And Red Wine, Too.Oh....And Red Wine, Too.
Oh....And Red Wine, Too.

Marilyn and Jan loved the way they served it in many places along with a glass of water.
The Party's OverThe Party's Over
The Party's Over

The last in the collection.


4th October 2010

Wow!
That's a lot of beer!!! Love that last picture, hahahaha :) Awesome shirt Dan!!

Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0823s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb