Not another Flea Market


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Effingham
June 24th 2017
Published: June 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We drove into Greenville well after midnight not knowing where we were going to stay the night. We drove around and saw a sign to the hospital and figured their carpark would be as safe as anywhere so off we went. Four very tired Amigos, one a little battered all turned in for the night.


The start of a new day, later than normal at 7:45am, but lets face we had had a big day. We got out of the hospital carpark quickly and made our way into town.

We have settled for one section today instead of two to easy ourselves back into full swing. Dave and Tom rode first and I drove with my wing man, Crash Test Jeff ( he isn't taking too kindly to this nickname for some reason).

Our total journey is only 80kms and is pretty flat. The boys race through the first section in very good time. I jump out with Dave for the second section, while Tom drives with Crash Test Jeff. It takes quite some time to see them pass us on the road and that was because Jeff noticed a Flea Market he wanted to stop at. Jeff has started buying CDs for us to listen to. He hasn't consulted us on our music tastes though!

One more change over and Tom and I are out on the road. As we ride along there's the RV pulled over at a whole market full of second hand goods. Crash Test Jeff couldn't resist and the RV was pulled over for a pit stop. We spent about an hour there trawling through the junk. The only thing we bought was another CD and some bunting to decorate the RV with on July 4th.

An early finish in Effingham Illinois and stopped at an RV Park with great facilities and decent WiFi. Time to relax a bit and clean up the RV and ourselves. Crash Test Jeff still has to fix the blowout on his tire. The rest of us think it will be a good laugh watching him do it with his banged up arm. Don't worry, we'll help . . . . . . eventually.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.405s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1016s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb