Day 1 January 22, 2008


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Effingham
January 22nd 2008
Published: January 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Packed to the MAX!Packed to the MAX!Packed to the MAX!

As you can see, there is little extra room! No shopping for me! Mike is happy about that! Yes, that is the BACK seat in the cab!!
A little later this year than last for a variety of reasons. but we are on our way once again to the Baja. We actually were to get on the road yesterday but the weather and some minor other details caused us to wait one more day. We also took highway 57 rather than 55 b/c of news of flooding in Illinois so that was the only big change. We ran into some pretty heavy squalls around Saugatauk and on to Benton Harbor. More incentive to get to the sun.

The truck is packed to the gills! We tried to make it as comfortable for the kitties by putting in their beds but the two rascals just got under the back seat hunkered down. Jazzy cries and cries if she can't see Misty (black kitty) but I don't think she really likes to go under the seat.

Mike is happy NOT to have the RV behind us. We get a little better mileage and can drive a bit faster.

Tonight we arrived in Effingham, Ilinois and are staying at the Comfort Inn here. Basically a truck stop area!


Nothing big to report..........Just seeing way too much
Our first stop in Niles, MIOur first stop in Niles, MIOur first stop in Niles, MI

We ran into a lot of snow on our way out of Michigan. Flying Js RULE!!
snow. Enjoy the photos (ha ha!!! I know, boring but.......) Until tomorrow.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Where can I go?Where can I go?
Where can I go?

Poor Jazzy! She is bewildered b/c she has no clue where she can fit!! She and Misty found solace under the seat in the back!
Next stop......Monee, Ill.Next stop......Monee, Ill.
Next stop......Monee, Ill.

A BP! I know.............not very exciting..............


25th January 2008

Yay!
Hey, you two, we are glad that you finally got on your way. That snow in the pictures is quite depressing. Brrrrr! I feel for the kitties. That is how I feel on our way out here, but I can't get under the seat!!!!!!!! Be safe. Sue

Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0259s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb