Easy Steps to Get an Illinois DMV Appointment


Advertisement
Published: May 12th 2022
Edit Blog Post

How to get an appointment at the Illinois DMV? If you are a new resident in Illinois, you may have to take into account some processes and paperwork necessary to keep the documents of your vehicle, as well as the driver, in order.



The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is the office in charge of processing the procedures related to the driver's license, vehicle procedures, as well as related processes in the state of Illinois.



You can make an appointment with DMV Illinois online, by phone, or in person at an office near you.


Request Appointment at DMV Illinois



Enter from the Illinois DMV at https://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/.

Choose from Online Services, Driver Licenses/IDs, Vehicle Registration, or Schedule Your Appointment.

You can schedule an appointment, exam, renew your license, identification card, request a duplicate, make changes or payments.

However, you can also verify the hours of operation and access the telephone numbers.

Some Illinois DMV offices will be able to assist you in person, others from telephone services.

At DMV in Elston Illinois, an appointment-only reservation system has been implemented for certain transactions required in person that cannot be completed online, by phone, or by mail.



Best times to address the Illinois DMV

Here are some tips on the best times to visit the Illinois DMV.


Evenings are usually busier than mornings




The middle of the week tends to have shorter waits than Monday and Friday

The DMV Illinois office starts the lunch break around noon, which leaves fewer employees. Try to avoid lunchtime if possible.

Make sure you have enough time to complete your paperwork, especially if you are getting a permit or taking a road test.

Real ID in Illinois

Under the Real ID Act of 2005, minimum security standards are established for the issuance and production of licenses and identification cards in all states.



As of May 3, 2023, everyone in Illinois will be required to carry a REAL ID license to access certain federal buildings, enter nuclear facilities, and board commercial flights within the United States.


Requirements for Real ID in Illinois



To get your Real ID in Illinois, you can renew your license or ID card online for a new Real ID.

If you have not previously been issued an Illinois driver's license or ID, go to an Illinois DMV office.

To apply for a REAL ID card, you must present an identity document that includes your date of birth and your true full name. (Passport, birth certificate, residence card, receipts)

Schedule an appointment at a DMV Service Center to get your Illinois Real ID.

Steps to get your Real ID



Gather your documents that you will need to apply for your REAL ID.

Complete the application online or go to a DMV office in Illinois.

Go to a DMV office, taking into account the estimated time of attention.

Take the documentation with you and process your Real ID in Illinois.

What to Bring to Your Illinois DMV Appointment

If you are applying for a driver's license or travel ID (a REAL ID-compliant license or ID) in Illinois, you will need to bring a few documents to your appointment with the Illinois DMV. If you have all your documents with you, your visit will go faster and more smoothly. Documents include:



Proof of US citizenship or legal presence, such as a passport or birth certificate

Proof of social security number, such as a social security card or W-2 form

Two documents that prove your Illinois residency, such as a utility bill or lease.

All documents must be original and stamped if necessary. If you have already sent some documents when requesting your appointment online, depending on the procedure to be carried out, you will mainly have to bring an identification card or your driver's license.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0718s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb