Moving on


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
June 23rd 2013
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 41.8861, -87.6364

Today we awoke ready to complete our time in Chicago before we moved onto our next stop. As we had to check out we skipped breakfast and headed straight to the Willis tower - which interestingly we discovered was renamed Willis tower from Sears towers as a London company who occupy a floor had requested it and as Sears no longer occupied any floor the suggestion was taken (as Simon would say he who doesn't ask...!) . We took the elevator to the top floor and witnessed amazing panoramic views across Chicago. There was also a glass ledge which you could walk out onto which elevated you to 103 floors from the ground.

By now the sun was most definitely up and the temperatures were soaring. We took a leisurely walk to Grants park which was home of the Buckingham fountain which was a massive fountain which shot water everywhere but unfortunately not on us to cool us down!

By now it was time to say goodbye to Chicago and start exploring new areas. So we collected the luggage from hotel and went to get the hire car. We had only applied for a small car but after some careful negotiation on Simon's behalf we were upgraded to a mid size. This was a Chevrolet and is beautiful and big. 

Then came the scary part of navigating ourselves from the city centre to the interstate to begin our travels. After some minor hiccups we started our long 4 and a bit hour drive to Cincinnati. We arrived and checked into a Motel 6 at side of interstate. We grabbed a late bit of dinner at Taco Bell and settled down for a well earned rest.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0361s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb