Cheese, Chicago, and an Indiana Campground


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
July 5th 2016
Published: July 5th 2016
Edit Blog Post

DAY 6 - Saturday, July 2, 2016

Eau Claire, Wisconsin to Chicago, IL to Fair Oaks, IN

I had an early start (AGAIN) and drove us to Dunkin Donuts. Then on to Janesville, WI. Where we got some Wisconsin cheeses. This is a good time to share a funny phenomenon. Somehow I’ve been driving through the bulk of the states. Then we switch drivers, Jaedon and now Geoff. Then they manage to drive us across the state-line into the new state - wuuu-hoooo!!! Easy for them 😊 I was happy to give Geoff the helm today because we drove through Chicago. WOW! We were going to stop at the “Bean” at one of the parks but the Taste of Chicago was going on and traffic was crazy plus no parking for a rig our size. We drove through some of downtown though and it was amazing! We tried to stop for some pizza but our engine light came on - uh oh!! So we had a mechanic run a diagnostic. I guess it’s a slow leak in one of our valves. We’re hoping to make it Cincinnati and get it looked at. Of course the engine light lit up on Saturday afternoon of the 4th of July weekend. No one will be available until Tuesday. I’m so glad Geoff is here - I wouldn't have handled that well without him. The afternoon was a little difficult I tried to sleep and Jaedon was Geoff’s co-pilot. They got lost trying to drive us to Gary, Indiana. We were close and it was still a nice Music Man moment! We would have gone to Elkhart, IN today to see the Stanton family - friends from Spokane who work for Youth for Christ in Indiana. But they are home visiting family in Seattle. 😞 Next time! Geoff drove us to a campground in Fair Oaks, IN. We got to swim in what the locals called a lake. Our kids called it the pond. It was fun and the sand was soft. We hiked around a little and found berries that looked like blackberries but were smaller. We played at the playground and called it a night. Hot showers for everyone tomorrow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0621s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb