RIHLA #21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 7th 2013
Published: March 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. New world because they have a lot of the foods that I love today such as avacado and chocolate.

2. Its called Capirotada, its mainly made during Lent, the ingredients are dry loaf bread, piloncillo (Mexican brown sugar shaped in a small cone shape), cinnamon sticks, tomato, raisins, walnuts, laurel leaves, butter. To make the syrup start by boiling about six cups of water with the tomato, 4 sticks of cinnamon 4 laurel leaves about a whole bag of piloncillo, a handful of raisins, bring to a boil then lower the heat for about five minutes, put to the side, next melt a stick of butter and toast small slices of bread in the butter, then dip each slice in the syrup and arrange the bread in a glass oven recipient 9x12 , spread raisins, walnuts, pour syrup over and layer again with the same ingredients, cover with aluminum foil and put in oven at 375 for 30 to 45 Minutes. Take out of oven and serve warm or at room temperature. This is more like new world because of all the different ingrediants.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0918s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb