RHILA #21


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 6th 2013
Published: March 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

1. I would choose to live in the Old World because their food options are more larger than the New Worlds'. When you have more food options you can kind of mix and match and create new kinds of foods. You could make different kinds of dishes that could possibly taste real good after you kind of expirament with them. For me that would be one strategy I would use because who said a person must eat the food the way it is? Also, one idea could lead to another then once you know it other people are creating new dishes. The food options can possibly double or triple; there are numerous combinations with the foods that are presented. More food options equals more dishes, more combinations and new ideas.

2. Aros con gandules y floutas:

- white rice

- water

- tomato sauce

- diced ham

- gandulea

- white chicken (meat option is to own preference)

- corn tortillas

- olive oil

- salt

To make the rice you would put about 4 to 5 cups of water into a pot and let it heat up. Then you would put the rice in with 3 small cans of tomato sauce to give it that orange color. Then you would put in the diced ham and gandules in. After all that you would just let it sit in the pot for about 30 mins.

For the floutas you would heat up the tortillas. You would then get a pan and put a little bit of olive oil in it. Then you would heat up the meat of your choice. Once you have done that you would put the meat on the tortilla and then roll it. Then you would put the rolled tortilla in the pan with the olive oil until it gets crispy. After that you could put salt on it if you want.

I would say the recipe represents the Old World because of the meat, rice and vegetalbes. Another reason is because you could use any meat you want in making this dish so you can even make a different form of this dish according to you preferences.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb