A6, RIHLA #20


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
March 4th 2013
Published: March 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

RIHLA #20
1. Piracy continues to exist In modern day. In Somalia, for example, pirates have hijacked hundreds of ships and have netted millions of dollars. The difference between vikings and modern day pirates is technology. Modern day pirates use more advanced weapons to hijack ships making them more dangerous.

2. To try to stop piracy, it took more than creating a highly trained fighting force to defeat pirates and send them off of the Somali coast, it involved South African mercenaries and millions of dollars in payment. To be honest, I don't think there is no other solution. If you ask them to leave, they will probably say no since many goods pass through these routes. So, they would have to drive them away by fighting back.

3. I don't think any type of piracy is justifiable. I don't see why people have to steal from one another to make a living. Why can't priates find jobs and work hard like everybody else to live a good or decent life. People work hard for what they have and it's not fair to have someone steal it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb