A6 RIHLA#1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
September 19th 2012
Published: September 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. The article that I read was "Why Do Women Still Earn Less Than Men?" by Laura Fitzpatrick. This article talks about how women are still not equal ass men in terms of getting payed. This relates to what we are learning in world history. This article relates to what we are learning in class because it shows how man and women are not equal up to this point and this has to do with civilization. This has to do with civilization because this is all about legal situations.

2. The theme that will fit with this article would be social structures. This article should have the theme of social structures because it talks about, Gender roles and relations, ‘The most-educated swath of women, for example, gravitates toward the teaching and nursing fields. Men with comparable education become business executives, scientists, doctors and lawyers — jobs that pay significantly more'' (Fitzpatrick 2). Racial and ethnic constructions, ‘‘that number drops to 68% for African-American women and 58% for Latinas'' (Fitzpatrick 1). And Social and economic classes, ''35 hours a week or more, for the full year. And doesn't account for the fact that women are far more likely to take time off to start a family or work part-time while rearing one'' (Fitzpatrick 5). These examples show that this theme will perfectly fit in this article.

3. I agree with the point of view of Laura Fitzpatrick, the author of this article, because it is not fare that women win less money than man. I believe that women should be payed the same because some of these women in the world work in the same field’s as man do. I also agree with the author because when the taxes were done in 2009 the women’s salary went down and that was not a right thing to do. I also think that if this is going to be continuing women will sooner or later women will win more money than man. Lastly I just think that if people say that everybody is equal in everything it is not true.

4. Why haven't the civil rights haven’t changed over these past years? I want to know more background about this conflict.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0593s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb