RIHLA #17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Chicago
February 4th 2012
Published: February 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Do you agree with Castiglione's description of what makes a man IDEAL? Why or why not? Do you think men like that exist today?


To some extent I do believe with Castiglione's description of an ideal man because men is the person that leads a multitude, men is the person that is incharge, men is a leader and a leader needs to be strong to carry the burden of leading both physicaly and mentally. Along with being leading love and making right decisions.

2. Why do you think Castiglione THOUGHT men should live and act the way he described?


3. Do you think it is better to lead through fear or love? Explain fully. To some extent I believe that leading with fear is a good thing because people are more willing to do what they are told for fear of being punished and fear also makes things run smoother in the sence that people are more productive and it is less chaotic. However, a dowfall to leading with fear is that the leader can creat many enemies along the way and people will be more incline to getting "ride" of the person in charge. On the other hand, leading with love is similar to leading with fear because, in my opinion, people will be productive and will be also happy at the same time, things will get done, and also there will always be people that will try to take over regardless of how good of a leader there is.

4. Choose any leader throughout world history (you will likely have to do some research here) and create an argument that presents this individual as leading either by love OR fear –





Julious Caesar lead both with fear and love. He lead with fear with his army in battle to insure that their targeted foe will fall and they will capture as many future slaves as posible. Because Caesar lead with fear, many leaders feared him and not many wanted to come in the mist of his presence. In Roman times Caesar was a though general but was also somewhat kind to his people. His people loved Caesar and believed him to be a decendant from a God. People feared Caesar that he will take over their land and make the people that inhavitad that land slaves, yet people back home loved him because Caesar made the economy great and ensure the statuses of many.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb