A5 RIHLA 17


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Illinois » Barrington
February 5th 2012
Published: February 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

1. Do you agree with Castiglione's description of what makes a man IDEAL? Why or why not? Do you think men like that exist today?



I do not completely agree with CAstiglione's description of the ideal man. Castiglione's description sounded more like a fairy tale type prince charming to me. Some of the atributes just seemed next to impossible to achieve. I think that Castiglione's ideal man wouldn't exist in our day because the values have changed so much.



2. Why do you think Castiglione THOUGHT men should live and act the way he described?



Castiglione thought men should be just at he describes because his attributes of the ideal man were what the people of his time valued. Over time, what people value changes. For example, the ideal man today would be compassionate, well off, intelligent, and providing.

3. Do you think it is better to lead through fear or love? Explain fully.

I believe that there must be a constant balance of fear and love to truly lead. Love would relate more so with the leader. THe leader must love what he does and he must have compassion for his people. As for the leader's people, the must slightly fear their leader. Fear will stop them from over throwing and over riding a leader's decisions.

4. Choose any leader throughout world history (you will likely have to do some research here) and create an argument that presents this individual as leading either by love OR fear –

<span>· How do you know this? What is your evidence? What was the effect of this leadership style?



Adolf Hitler led the Nazi Regime from 1933 to 1945. Hilter ld using an iron fist. He wanted and needed people to fear him in order to lead.One example of how Hitler used fear to rule is that he used concentration camps and torture on innocent people just because they were of a different race. The Jews, Poles, and gays lived in fear of Hitler; however, the Germans had an invincible love for Hitler. The Germans believed that Hitler would help them become a suprior race and that he would solve all of their economic problems.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb