Heading west


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Idaho » Twin Falls
May 30th 2013
Published: May 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Woke up to rain. Waited for a lull, then packed up the bikes, it was raining again as we left. The spray from the big trucks is quite something and I could see Jim, in front of me, disappear into the spray of the oncoming truck knowing I had a couple of seconds before my turn, then its like a frenzy of water, wind, noise, and blindness before its all gone again - its a bit like a water flume ride!

When the rain stopped, the wind started, and we road across Idaho. To sum up Idaho - wind, seed potatoe capital and God, and they seem obsessed with watering everything, but it does mean its very green.

We visited 'Craters of the Moon' a volcanic landscape that looked like a gigantic slag heap, but apparently was used by Apollo 14 astronauts to give them an idea of the moon's surface.

Crossed Madison County (no bridges), and ended up in Gooding in rather a shabby (not in a good way) motel. Just had a meal in a Chinese diner, nice to have a break from chips and burgers, have started yearning for vegetables!

Still no access to a computer to download photographs, so to those who are only interested in piccies, you'll have to wait a little longer!

Advertisement



30th May 2013

Hahaha, no bridges. You're funny for a mum. Miss you both heaps xxxx

Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb