Bears and more Ice Skating!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Idaho » Moscow
October 22nd 2018
Published: October 27th 2018
Edit Blog Post

We woke up for our last day in Moscow and wanted to make the most of it. The last time we visited was 4 years ago when Nathan was only 6 months old, and we didn't know the next time we would be able to travel there again. Thankfully, Chet, Kat, and Owen still travel often to their house in Somis or meet up at Steve's parent's house and we get to hang out at those places. We had breakfast and Owen went to school. Cheston gave us a great idea to go see the Grizzly Bears at Washinton State University in Pullman, so while he worked Steve, Tory, Kat, Rosie and Nathan drove there. It was quite spectacular to see 4 bears out of their cages in the grassy area where 2 of them were playing and wrestling. Instinctively, Rosie and Nathan copied the Grizzlies and wrestled with each other. The bears walked back to get some water and where they rested and we got to get as close as about 5 feet (behind chain link fences.) The big one was certainly eyeing Rosie, possibly as a light brunch snack. We dropped Kat back off at home and headed to the ice rink to skate this time with Rosie too, but it wasn't open yet and we headed to the park to play first. The kids had a great time and were all ready to try ice skating. The rink was pretty empty and again we used the kid's walkers for Nathan and Rosie. Rosie didn't smile at all, but she wasn't crying and was a good sport. Nathan enjoyed it again and they both laughed as Steve ran into the boards while they looked at from the glass. We got Taco Bell for lunch for everyone and headed back home where Kat had lunch ready for the kids.

As we waited for Owen to come home from school, Rosie and Steve napped again and Nathan even rested for a few minutes in Owen's bed. We played some hockey in the basement and some soccer in the yard before Owen had piano practice. The kids really just liked being all together inside playing with toys and racetracks, or outside in the yard. Rosie and Nathan raked up huge piles of leaves to jump in before we went back inside for dinner. Our last dinner was Kat's delicious Chicken Tortilla Soup while the kids had quesadillas. We all had some fun time on the couch as Steve and Tory had some packing to do before leaving for the airport in the morning.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb