Boise


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Idaho » Boise
August 22nd 2007
Published: June 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday August 22, on the road again this time heading east. As we were leaving Oregon we took a scenic road that parallels the highway and stumbled upon the most beautiful Multanomah waterfalls. There's a big visitor's center with a restaurant so we stopped for pictures and breakfast. It turns out this is the most visited tourist attraction in the entire state of Oregon. We got back on Interstate 84 that follows the Columbia River. This is the prettiest interstate highway and there are various stops with information about the Oregon Trail which passed close by. There are even areas where you can still see the wagon ruts. Passing through western Oregon once again it hits you just how big this country is and how much open space still remains in these areas. In other words a lot of beautiful scenery and once again cattle. Cattle in the state of Oregon definitely outnumber people!
We arrived in Boise and found our no tell motel located between the highway and the back of a WalMart. Oh well the room was clean and cheap and with the air conditioner on you couldn't hear the highway. We ventured into the city and found a great Thai restaurant. That's it for Boise. It looked like a very nice city but just a stop on our way to Yellowstone.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

OregonOregon
Oregon

Multnomah Falls
OregonOregon
Oregon

Columbia River
OregonOregon
Oregon

Western Plains
IdahoIdaho
Idaho

Capitol Building in Boise
IdahoIdaho
Idaho

Boise


Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.032s; cc: 16; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb