Are We Getting Soft?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii
November 22nd 2011
Published: June 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 20.9317, -156.697

We shortened our stay in Maui because we simply couldn't find any reasonably priced accommodation which supported the quintessential Maui experience- namely a room somewhere near the beach. We bit the bullet and booked into some sort of hotel/timeshare/condo complex that was located right on the beach. I'm pretty sure that allowing the princess to get used to a really nice place is going to come back to haunt me at some point in our trip (probably right after booking in to some fleabag room with no a/c or plumbing).
But for now it's a great place to stay. We spent the entire first day by the complex pool- I think it was called the 'rotten kids pool' or should have been- apparently there is some sort of poolside regulation requiring kiddies to scream as loud as possible for long durations, and fling their pool toys all over the place. And why do these human midgets feel a need to fling themselves in the deep end when they can't swim?
Suntanning proved to be too much work (dodging pool toys mainly) so we spent the next day driving the Hana Hwy. This is the famous roadway with a never-ending series of hairpin turns and one lane bridges that winds it's way through the rainforest that lines the eastern side of Maui. It was a very scenic drive but the highlight for DH was finding out that Oprah owns a house near Hana. On the way back we spent some serious time watching surfer dudes in a bay famous for big time surfing- a little disconcerting to see the number of crosses lining the shore area.
The American Thanksgiving required us to track down a turkey dinner which will probably be our last for quite some time- there was a heavy pineapple influence but thats to be expected- we are in the tropics.
Another day on the beach, a gorgeous sunset and our time in paradise (expensive though it was- make a note Martin) has come to and end. We're off to Bangkok although I see that DH has chained herself to the coffee table.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb