USA 2017


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu
March 11th 2017
Published: March 12th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Day 1 (such a long long day given time differences). A few hiccups with boarding meant lining up for literally hours and still not getting our assigned seats - I was warned about Jetstar's inconsistent customer service and that has revealed itself glaringly today. Still the kids found time for some quick airport yoga.

We arrived at Honolulu airport in darkness and customs was fairly quick and staff there were lovely. Jumped on the big bus to Alamo car rental and set off in the canyonaro (actually an 8 seater Tahoe). We decided to check out the Ala Moana - a big open Shopping Centre with all those stores I've only ever seen on TV (Macy's, barns and noble, Bloomingdale's, Jimmy Choo, etc). We breakfasted there - New York slice for granma, chimichanga for Nic, Philly cheese steak with a root beer for me. After grabbing a few things from the ABC store (like a 7eleven with cheap booze) we dumped our bags and headed north.

Dole plantation for some pineapple ? ice-cream where the kids did the maze while Kelly and I drank some of the worst coffee ever.

We cruised past Waimea Bay and had a picnic at Shark Bay with delicious things like fish taco, gnarly nachos, quesadilla and a tiki pineapple drink.

We came back to Waikiki and were blown away by the penthouse views.

Kellie, Wayne and I went to the slightly divey bar downstairs - he tried a couple of different beers and we had deep eddy (lemon infused vodka = yum).

Late dinner at Cheeseburger then home to enjoy the view a bit more before all crawling exhausted in to our beds.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0687s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb