Day 2 - Pool, California Pizza Kitchen, Shops and Tiki Bar and Grill


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu
June 14th 2015
Published: June 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After a horrible night sleep I woke just before 8:00am and Marnee and Bec woke just after. We stayed in bed for ages before finally getting up and going in search of breakfast. Apparently breakfast isn't a big thing here, we found it hard to find somewhere that satisfied us all and we ended up at the Cheeseburger place again but was not at all happy with my meal, decided I wouldn't be heading back there. Besides the food being pretty rubbish the service was terrible, it was all so ridiculously slow. Three hours later we arrived back at the hotel for pool time, where we spent the next 4hrs. While by the pool we were able to research and book some activities for the coming days.
We finally made our way to the room, showered, had some pre-drinks, got ready and headed out.
First we called into car rental place to see how much it was to hire a car for a day then when we made it to the mainstreet there was another parade on, this time for the Pan Pacific Festival.
We made it up to Macy's where the girls decided to use the bathroom and it was at that point Irealised my purse wasn't in my bag; surprisingly I didn't panic. I'd just assumed I'd left it on my bed from pool time. We walked back to the hotel to check and I had, thank goodness left it there.
So we walked back down the street in search of another hire car place for a price but came across the Peter Lik Gallery on the way. His photographs are amazing. He still holds the record for the most expensive photograph ever sold going for US$6.5million. Crazy.
We never found the Avis car rental place so we headed in the direction of California Pizza Kitchen for some dinner. Bec and Marnee both got pizza, I got a Chicken Pesto Pasta dish. We were all pretty happy with our meals and very full at the end.
We decided to walk off some dinner so went into some shops including H&M, Forever 21, and a few others before making our way down Kalakaua Av to get a cocktail at the Tiki Bar and Grill.
We sat drinking, the girls got daiquiris, I got a cocktail called The "Five-O" Lava Flow (light rum and tropical blend of coconut milk and pineapple juice with fresh pureed strawberries). After that we walked all the way back to the hotel. By this time it was about 11:00pm and we were knackered.
I stayed awake a bit longer watching some TV before finally falling asleep.

Total steps for the day: 21,478
Total kms for the day: 14.95


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.44s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 86; dbt: 0.176s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb