Thanksgiving in Hawaii


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Honolulu
December 29th 2008
Published: December 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got off the ship in Honolulu, Hawaii at about 10 am and immediately went to the most American place we could find…Wal Mart. It was really weird being in an American store where you don’t haggle over prices for the first time in three months, and it almost made me feel like I was at home because every Wal Mart in the world is exactly the same. The funny thing about going there was the fact that there were probably over 100 SAS kids that were also there buying all sorts of random things (I had to get a pair of dress shoes for the “Ambassadors Ball”). Anyway, after our Wal Mart stop we went to Waikiki Beach and enjoyed the beautiful Thanksgiving day sun. It was about 85 or 90 degrees, and the water was pretty warm as well. We played in the water for a while and then decided to go check out the “International Marketplace” that was down the street. They had a bunch of touristy shops that didn’t really interest me, so me and my friend Jonny went into a restaurant and watched some football for a while before heading back to the beach. A kid that we know from SAS had rented a surf board, and he let us borrow it for a while which was pretty fun, but neither of us had surfed before, so we weren’t having a lot of success actually standing up. After we got tired of falling off over and over again we headed back to the shore and met up with the rest of our group to go eat our Thanksgiving feast! We just went to this buffet type restaurant that was serving a Thanksgiving dinner, and we all stuffed ourselves with turkey. After dinner we all headed back to the ship to begin the 9-day trek to Costa Rica. We had finals during this stretch of the trip, so I spent a whole lot of time writing papers and studying, which made the time seem like it was going very slow because I was really excited to get to Costa Rica.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb