Aloha with Family and Friends


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Honolulu
February 5th 2019
Saved: June 10th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Our trip to the Hawaiian islands is roughly a copy of my trip to SE Asia last October. We plan to visit friends on three islands. We start is Honolulu with Ben, Leicey, and their young family. Then, off to Kauai to see Rey and Corinne. Finally, to our Marriott timeshare on Maui (Denise), with my brother, Bob, and his wife, Laura. It will be a busy two weeks.







Much of our sightseeing days are over. These trips are for relaxing, visiting, and eating good island fare. Some of our favorite places:







Honolulu: Aloha Stadium Flea Market, Libby's Manapua, Dee-lite Bakery, Shirokiya, and Leonard's Malasadas. We also found an old time favorite, the KC Drive In waffle dog.







Kauai: Kauai Cookie Company, Kauai Coffee, Kintaro, Hamura Saimin, and Kountry Kitchen. And a few new places on the island.







Maui: Aloha Mixed Plate, Star Noodle, Sam Sato, Tastee Krust, and my brother's barbecue on the beach. We will be joined by our cousins!







You will notice we no longer dine at the more upscale places on any of the islands. Yes, there is some great food, around, but it no longer seems to attract us. Maybe we have "graduated" to dry mein, Spam musubi, and manapua? Less is more!







But the visits with friends are always the key ingredient to our good times and memories. I am sure we will have some enjoyable meals to go along with memorable visits. Locals always seem to know what is best, whether eats or otherwise.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb