Surfing, Sun and Humuhumunukunukapua'a


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Maui
July 23rd 2014
Published: July 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

A somewhat more relaxing day today. We started with our surfing lessons at 10am from the Big Kahuna Surf Shop. After some land-based practice and a safety briefing, it was out to the waves. Small waves, but waves nonethelss.

Craig was a master from the start - stood up and rode the first wave all the way in. Patti was right behind him, looking like a natural surfer babe. Jeff, well, not so much. Stood up on the board briefly a couple of times, but mostly excelled at finding new and amusing ways to "de-board". Allison chose to be a witness instead of taking the plunge - confirming her vast wisdom.

Afterwards, we went back to our resort for a long afternoon at the infinity pool. This has turned out to be one of our favorite spots during our stay. The Weavers have achieved virtual celebrity status with the staff, so us Crofts just hang around and let some of that magic rub off on us.

We finished our day with dinner at the Humuhumunukunukuapua'a restaurant right next to our resort. (That big long word is the native Hawaiian name for the local triggerfish.) We got to see another fantastic sunset, as the tables are situated amongst an outdoor lagoon under thatched roofs. A truly unique setting and we had a wonderful meal.

This is our last night in Maui, and we are sad to say goodbye - we can't imagine how our stay could have been any better. Tomorrow - on to Kauai.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



26th July 2014

I just know Allison will end end up being a beach babe walking the beach giving ukelale lessons. Jeff will start his own business designing ways beach bars can charge people without credit cards using finger prints or something and your friends will quit their jobs in the US and start their own surfing business combined with snorkeling. Please come home crofts. I will miss you Allison.

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb