Maui Country Farm Tours


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Maui » Upcountry
October 21st 2014
Published: October 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Dinner at Fleetwood's was great last night. A rooftop restaurant only open 2 years. Mick Fleetwood lives on Hawaii now. Was sitting at the bar having a drink and in comes a bagpiper! There are 2 pipe bands in Hawaii, who would have thought? Anyway she was there to pipe in the evening or something, but it was cool. Next came in a Hawaiian who did a traditional welcome to the evening and told a bit of a story, all very interesting and a fun thing to see. While having dinner (local fish with lobster and yummy sauce) a guy got up with his guitar and sang requests of 60's and 70's songs, all in all a really lovely place and great atmosphere.

This morning headed back over to Kahului to meet up with Marilyn from Maui Country Farm Tours. We had to meet at a place called Whole Foods , it was a supermarket as big as one of ours in Aust. but this just stocked organic and whole/natural, and focussing on local foods. It was just amazing. There were another couple from the Philippines/USA on the tour as well. We went to Paia and out to the beaches where I went yesterday. The waves were bigger today, they are the beaches that the windsurfing comps are held on so will have to go back in the afternoons to see some windsurfers. Past Willy Nelsons' place and saw his favourite bar in Paia. On up to the Alii Kula Lavender farm for lavender scone and tea and Lavender Lilikoi Jelly (Lilikoi is passionfruit). They have a huge garden with 3 varieties of lavender and a massive variety of other plants to walk around and explore.

On further up the Upcountry to Ulupalakua Ranch and around to the back of the island were we could see the lava rock from the last volcanic eruption. Back to Maui's winey at the ranch for a tasting, then on to s lovely picnic lunch. After that we headed back down to Kahului. Marilyn was a fabulous tour guide, full of the most amazing information and passion for local food, farmers and agriculture. It was a lovely relaxing day and really nice company.

Bought some prepared dinner from Whole Foods to reheat at home, I'm a bit over eating by myself in public. Then went to a shopping centre for a look around. Wandered into Maceys and wandered out again, just like David Jones. Found a craft shop to die for and spent ages in there. Back home then to pack as I have to leave tomorrow. I think I will do the Road to Hana before meeting at the retreat at 3 pm. It is so good having a car, don't think you could do Maui without it.

Until tomorrow Aloha


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



22nd October 2014

Dinner for 1 can be great!
Hi Robyn, sounds like you are having a fabulous time and they are amazing pics! You must enjoy dinner for 1 at restaurants!! Just watch the world go by and enjoy your own company. We all enjoy your company!! You will meet amazing people too.Not every night but you never know.... no more dinner in room! :-) Look forward to hearing the next instalments!!
22nd October 2014

Dinner for 1 can be great!
Hi Robyn, sounds like you are having a fabulous time and they are amazing pics! You must enjoy dinner for 1 at restaurants!! Just watch the world go by and enjoy your own company. We all enjoy your company!! You will meet amazing people too.Not every night but you never know.... no more dinner in room! :-) Look forward to hearing the next instalments!!
22nd October 2014
Dinner at Fleetwood's

from home
G'Day - Oh Miss Robyn - every time I see beans like that I think of my Mother - they are not proper you know, they have to be very very finely cut on an angle and then you cook them for an hour!!!!! Try putting them on a plate like that and Mother WILL NOT eat them!!!!!! Little treasure she is! You keep on having a great time - love hearing about your adventures Love from home - Margaret

Tot: 0.127s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb