Kula on Maui


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Maui » Upcountry
February 23rd 2019
Saved: June 10th 2020
Edit Blog Post

This is a great way to spend a day on Maui. Het away form the crowds.




Breakfast at Kula Lodge



After catching a magnificent sunrise at Haleakala (one of our favorite Maui traditions) we headed for a hearty breakfast at nearby Kula Lodge and Restaurant, an Upcountry landmark since 1949.



At a 3,200-feet elevation, the lodge and restaurant offer spectacular sweeping views from mountain (mauka) to ocean (makai) and the property itself is cradled in beautiful private gardens.



The house specialty is the Haleakala Mountain of a Meal, featuring two buttermilk pancakes, two eggs any style, and choice of ham, bacon, or Portuguese sausage piled high on the plate. My hubby loved it. For me, it had to be Macadamia Nut Pancakes. And yes, everything was delectable.



Tour Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm



Nestled 4,000 feet in the clouds on the slopes of Haleakala crater, Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm boasts over 45 different varieties of lavender with majestic views of Central and West Maui coast and mountains.



Tranquil paths with statues and fountains lead through native Hawaiian gardens, citrus and apple orchards. Their lovely gift shop is filled with lavender-infused products many have never seen elsewhere. Lavender chocolates, teas, coffee, brownies, lotions, and more can be found here.



Tours of this amazing farm are available by reservation.







Also wine tasting:







Wine Taste in Paradise



We’d never tasted Pineapple wine before. Not until Maui that is.



MauiWine’s picturesque property is located on the Pi’ilani Highway in the southwest region. Specializing in decadent island-wines made with aloha, their pineapple collection is produced from 100-percent Maui-Gold pineapples. Fruit-forward and fun, these tasty and refreshing wines join the family of other estate-specialties like Rose, Syrah and Chenin-Viognier blends.



With its oasis of majestic ocean hideaways, lush green mountains and picturesque vistas it’s no wonder Maui’s consistently been rated one of the world’s most beautiful islands.



It’s impossible to do everything in a single visit, but somehow that’s ok with us. It means we get to come back and experience something completely different the next time around. Maui’s treasures are endless.



Visit her before it becomes like the rest of Maui!!!!

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb