Merriman's Restaurant Kapalua Maui Hawaii


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Maui » Lahaina
March 29th 2011
Published: April 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Driving our massive jeep along a small windy road I was a bit apprehensive about where we were going. I had looked at the website for this restaurant but looks can be deceiving. We were greeted by lovely valet drivers (they usually are in the USA) and they took our jeep away so fast I missed it, efficiency is all I can say. We strolled into the restaurant as we were early. The maitre dee greeted us warmly and suggested we could be seated early. Yes! We were so hungry! We were seated inside but we had the most spectacular view, the sun was still shining and as we looked throughout our meal the sun set with all the colors of the rainbow, yellows, oranges, pinks and purples. The sea changed with the changing colors of the sky, the water was so blue it was almost like someone colored it with a bright blue pencil.
As we were taking in the view the waiter brought over the menus and everything looked amazing. We chose a cocktail each, mine was a Merriman’s Sunset Mai Tai and Josh my husband had a Pineapple - Kapalua Farms Pineapples, Kimo Farms Limes, Coconut, Bacardi Rum and Disarrono Ameretto, blended, garnished with a wedge. They were amazing! We couldn't really decide what to eat but the waiter gave us quite a bit of time to decide before and after he gave us the specials. We chose a leafy salad and seafood rice both specials. The flavors together were like we have never had before. For mains I had the beef with the lobster (they have an option where you can have a duo plate so you can have more than one option) and Josh had the lamb with the lobster. The meat was so succulent that it melted in your mouth and the lobster was moist and juicy. Josh's lamb was also tender! The meat is sourced from colarado which has the best meat in the USA and we would most certainly agree.
We had to have dessert to finish this most spectacular meal and they had dessert shots, cool huh? I got the peanut butter one, my obession with peanut butter was in full force the whole of our trip. Josh got the chocolate and they were both phenonmenal.
The bill was the most we have ever spent on a meal but every dollar was worth it!!!!!!
As we drove back to our resort we both exclaimed that it was the best meal we've ever had in our lives, massive call but this restaurant deserves it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb