A Day on the town in Lahaina

United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Maui » Lahaina
March 29th 2018
Published: March 30th 2018
Edit Blog Post

The day started off slowly and we spent a good time laying in bed with the kids and having breakfast in the room. They have somewhat adapted to the time change and are waking up at 5:30 am. which is much more manageable than 4. Tory and Steve and the kids headed down to the greenbelt at the edge of the resort and played some golf so RoRo and Nathan could get some energy out running. Steve and RoRo headed up to the room for naps and Nathan and Tory walked down to the neighboring Westin resort, the Nanea, to explore their pool area. Nathan had a blast running through the splashpad, going down the waterslide and playing in the water gun area. He became increasingly brave and even liked going down the waterslide himself. We came back to the room and had a small snack and Nathan and RoRo ate lunch.

We got ready and drove down to Lahaina (10-15 minutes away) and had a delicious fresh fish lunch at Paia Fish Market, a place that reminds us of our beloved Malibu Seafood at home. At one o'clock we boarded our glass bottom submarine, the Reef Dancer, to see the beautiful sights under the ocean. Nathan had been talking about it for weeks and was really excited. Our boat shared a dock with a deep sea fishing boat and someone had just caught a Marlin as we were boarding our sub. During the hour-long trip we saw tons of native Hawaiian fish, a sea turtle, and two octopuses. There were two scuba divers who were swimming around the boat and brought different sea creatures up to the window for the kids to see. The octopuses were amazing the way they would try to get away from the divers. Nathan and RoRo both loved it and the sub was much cooler than the toasty sun and humid temps of the day. Once we got off the sub we headed back to Front St. for some ice cream/shaved ice. After cooling off a little, Steve headed over to the famous Banyan tree with the kids and Tory and Sue did some shopping for an hour or so. By then, everyone was exhausted, sweaty and hungry.

We drove to an industrial park for dinner where we ate at Star Noodle. It came highly recommended to us and it was no surprise because the food was amazing. Once our bellies were full everyone felt a little better but the heat had still drained us and we were ready to head home, get clean and go to bed. After two long days out of the resort, we are looking forward to staying mostly at the resort for the next 2 days before heading home.

Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Tot: 2.245s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0241s; 2; m:saturn w:www (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb