Maui


Advertisement
Published: March 28th 2013
Edit Blog Post

On this day I island hoped to Maui. I took of the Hana Highway via a tour group. This line of highway was very scenic. Most of the highway was plush green, with some waterfalls (there was not heavy rain recently, therefore the waterfalls were not abundant as they could have been). The highway has a lot of curves, some rough parts, and some parts where only one car could fit (i.e. one lane highway, especially crossing bridges).

The black beaches, there are a couple, are from the lava flow and are lava pebbles. It was strange walking on them at first because black beaches are not routine. For our first stop on the highway, there were surfers. I attempted to get a good photo of them but no such luck. There was one fella that went onto a big rock in the ocean, and the sea was not the calmest. Not the brightest bulb in the lot.

Among the stops on the Hana, we stopped and saw the Seven Sacred Pools in the Haleakala National Park in Kipahulu. On the backside of the Hana Highway, a lot of the area was very dry, desert like conditions. Even seeing cactus on the landscape. This is the area were many celebrities have choose to vacation including Oprah.

We basically ended the highway trip at a winery. We did some wine tasting (yum) and though I really enjoyed a raspberry flavor, it was way to complicated in purchasing a bottle. They could have shipped it (though Connecticut was not one of the states), or I could have went through customs, etc....I passed. I did not want to be bothered.

If you travel this road, many car rentals have it in the contract that you do not travel this highway due to the conditions and landslide potential. As well as I would recommend hugging the mountain side (as we did) than hugging the cliff side.


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

MauiMaui
Maui

Pic of the dumbass


Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0718s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb