Tuesday, beach day on the North Shore


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Kilauea
December 18th 2012
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Poor GaryPoor GaryPoor Gary

At Tunnels Beach staring forlornly at the ocean. the lifeguard wouldn't let home go in the water because of the rough surf, Time to move on to another spot without a lifeguard,
Geo: 22.2249, -159.452

today it rained and off throughout the day, all over the island. so we decided to stay in our own neighborhood and check out some of the north shore beaches. After a lesiurely morning, wE started at ke'e beach, Beautiful beach, but the surf was rough and the lifeguard wouldn't let anyone in the water, there is a hiking trail there, too, but it was closed because the cops were chasing fugitive on the trail. Several cop cars there. Dot: reminded me of Cherokee forest.

so,on to Tunnels beach where we picnicked, but the surf was too rough there, also. On to the next beach with one of those crazy Hawaiian names I can't remember, no lifeguard, the boys went in the water.the pull of th current was pretty strong and exhausted them quickly, they didn't last long and had a quick workout.

On the way back, we stopped at a Farmers Market and checked out all the crazy fruit. I like these funny little Apple Bananas they have, Yummy, they look like stunted banana but taste like bananas plus. there was a lady selling pies by the slice $5. What a racket, Gary had the blueberry piña colada, fresh blueberries, fresh coconut, he was in heaven, don't care for the star fruit.

Back at our own beach,Gary and his sister snorkelled and ended up around some huge sea turtles and some stingrays, they loved it of course. I would have swam the other way,

I think tomorrow we hike, In the evenings it cools off, the wind picks up and it rains. Great for sleeping. The house has perfect windows where you close the blinds on the upper windows, but can leave the lower windows open. They are screened and breeze comes in nicely for sleeping.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



19th December 2012

tell Gary not to get stabbed by one of those stingrays like the crocadile hunter. I'd also like to try a bite of that yummy sounding pie.
19th December 2012

Beautiful!

Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb