Pancakes and A Good Friday


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Kaanapali
March 30th 2018
Published: April 1st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Tory was up with kids and was gracious to let Steve sleep in until 7. We then headed out for a place called Gazebos in Napili Beach for special macadamias nut pancakes. When we got there, the wait was over an hour, so we left and drove through Kapalua briefly to see the famous golf courses. We ended up at a fun pancakes place called “Slappy Cakes,” where you can make your own pancakes at your table if you want. Nathan also enjoyed playing the toy trucks in the waiting area. Everything tasted great, Steve’s chocolate chip pancakes and Tory and Sue’s banana macadamien nut, too. We headed back for Rosie’s nap and then decided what we wanted to do the rest of the day.

Nathan had been playing all week with his tiny trucks inside the room whenever he wanted to do something. So today we took them out on the patio table and had a great time as Rosie joined too. We headed down to the pirate ship pool and playground and laughed as Grammy Sue slid down the slide with Nathan. The kids even tried a few games of shuffleboard, although I think the only concept they got was the running. Wait, is there supposed to be running in shuffleboard?

We walked down the the neighboring Westin resort called Nanea and explored the fun pool there that included a sandy beach and a splash pad. Rosie was in pure bliss and Nathan went down a big blue slide many times to keep them busy. We had some tasty nachos and trurkey wrap and fries at the pool that the kids scarfed down since they were playing so hard and worked up an appetite. Back to the room for dinner, baths, and some tv for the rest of the night. Grammy read some books to Nathan and played cards with him. Another great day at the resort that has everything, especially being connected to two other neighboring Westin resorts that we can use and easily walk to.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb