North Shore, Haleiwa, Oahu, HI


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Haleiwa
July 1st 2011
Published: July 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our return to Oahu found us with a milliion dollar view (As my friend Brian called it) peering out the double 24 ft sliding glass doors of our beach home on the North Shore of Oahu. Brrian and Janine Sather, two of our dearest frineds, joined us on this trip. They have been to the islands before, but had not spent alot of time on the North shore like we were about to.

Our first impressions were captured in this 1 min HD video I slapped together (Copy/paste text, place in Address URL, enter):
http://vimeo.com/25869685

The day was about done when we arrived so much of the time was spent unpacking and putting together a quick shopping list for dinner.

Day 2 we set out for Costco and the grocery store to load up for 11 days worth of eating.
Returning at high noon, 4 of us (wife, my teenage sons and I) set out forr Chun's Reef, a mere 1/4 mile up the beach. Honu (Sea Turtles) were plentiful and the boys enjoy trying to catch up to the fast swimmers, and occasionally popping their heads out fo the water in excitement when they had a good view with the snorkeling gear on.

We returned for a quick bite and set out for Shark's Cove for some late afternoon snorkeling (1.5 miles away). The surf was up, and the cove more cloudy than normal, but it didn't spoil an hour of snorkeling among the fishes.

Our good friends made us a dinner of Seared Ahi (Wild tuna) covered with sesame seed and a touch of soy. Probably the best fish dinner I've ever had!

Day 3 finds us with a private surf lesson on Chun's Reef in the morning, and who knows where we will end the day...perhaps Waimea Bay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb