Day 4- Stone Mountain, Georgia


Advertisement
Published: June 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Time to rise and shine and climb Stone Mountain! We have to call Ouma before we leave camp, HAPPY BIRTHDAY OUMA!!

We walk around the lake and meet more little friends and play with some very friendly geese. Then take the shuttle to the mountain, then take the Skylift up to the top of Stone Mountain. On the top you can see for many miles. There are holes in the stone that make interesting puddles and rock formations. We start the long hike down, along with a lot of other people. We see lots of neat things, and at the bottom, even a bunch of telephone poles covered in bubble gum (yuk!)

We visit Confederate Hall at the bottom, then take the shuttle to the Crossroads area to have lunch. The Campfire Grill is delicious and served more fries with our food than Lorelei or Oupa could finish! There are paw prints everywhere, so we walk all over the restaurant to identify the paw prints.

Next we listen to a nice story teller, then go to the Butterfly Adventure and feed a ton of butterflies who land right on us! After that we see the "Where's That Bear" performance. Now it is time to go the the Geyser Tower, a water climbing park that Lorelei has been dying to go in to. Next we go the the Great Barn where you have tons of fun with nerf balls and cannons.

Now we walk to the Antebellum Plantation to see a more than 200 year plantation with lots of buildings, antique furniture, and best of all a Farmyard with pigs, goats, and cats.

Back to the campsite for swimming, while Grandma makes a picnic dinner. We go to Stone Mountain for a fantastic Laser Show. We have great seats, thanks to Bubble Man. He showed us where we could find comfortable places to sit on the rocks so no one is sitting too close. We get home late, and are dead tired. What a great day!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Skyride up the mountainSkyride up the mountain
Skyride up the mountain

see the carving in the background of Robert E. Lee, Andrew Jackson, Jefferson Davis
Top of the mountainTop of the mountain
Top of the mountain

you can see for miles
A tree grew right over Lorelei!A tree grew right over Lorelei!
A tree grew right over Lorelei!

We told her she should walk a little quicker!
Crazy OupaCrazy Oupa
Crazy Oupa

Campfire Grill for lunch has paw prints all over the restaurant


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb