Savannah, GA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Savannah
April 20th 2007
Published: April 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Gimli and the crewGimli and the crewGimli and the crew

Joey the couchsurfing host, Goldie who helped us with the bus, and his girlfriend
After leaving Orlando, we headed to Savannah GA because we had heard it was a neat, historic place to check out. We only had a couple days there because we had a hard time finding people on couchsurfing.com to stay with. Wes caught a cold of some sort in Orlando and was really starting to feel sick on our first full day in Savannah, so we rode our bikes into town and walked around a bit. Savannah looks a lot like New Orleans, with the huge trees lining the streets, covered in moss. We went down by the river into this sort of cheesy tourist area, wandered around downtown a little, went to the cemetery, and stopped in the park for a while. But at that point Wes was feeling pretty sick and had a fever, so we went back to the couchsurfing house.

The next day when we were trying to leave to head to the next couchsurfing house (the first one could only host us for the two nights), we couldn’t get the bus to start. We’ve had trouble with the glow plugs all along (kind of like spark plugs in a gasoline engine), but this time
Streets of SavannahStreets of SavannahStreets of Savannah

It's really beautiful, with big houses, huge trees that cover the street, and looks just like New Orleans
it seemed like nothing we did would make it start. Luckily, our couchsurfing host’s neighbor, a Jamaican guy named Goldie, used to be a mechanic, and he came over and spent about an hour helping us solve the problem. He was just a really nice guy wanting to help people out when he could, and we really appreciated his help! So we eventually got going and made it over to the next house. We tried to get vegetable oil, but that didn’t work out at all after hours of searching. Wes was really sick at that point too, so we just hung out for the evening. The next morning we left to go to Athens GA, which we had also heard was an awesome place.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0643s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb