Day 112


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Pine Mountain
December 14th 2007
Published: December 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Day 112


Obfuscator writes: This ought to be a short entry, since nothing really happened at all. We got out of our motel in Charleston and started driving toward Georgia, only to find about 20 minutes into the drive that I had left the battery charger plugged in in the motel room. So we had to turn around and get it, which was slightly infuriating.

I drove until about somewhere around Macon. Onaxthiel worked on blog material and pulled pictures off the camera. We switched then, and I worked on burning pictures onto CDs while he continued on to Columbus. Somewhere in there we got a special treat! Boiled peanuts! A tasty southern snack that tastes as awful as it looks. Now, don't get me wrong, if you're the kind of person who likes to go into the woods to chew on trees, then you probably like eating peanut shells in the first place, and boiling them does make them slightly more palatable. Unfortunately, it liquefies the actual peanut itself, rendering it . . . well, for lack of a better word, vile. I tried one, couldn't eat it, and chucked it out the window.

After a while, we got to Columbus, and met up with some army buddies of Onaxthiel's for dinner at Picasso Pizza, where they've got some pretty good pizza. We walked the river walk for a bit. It was a really quiet night in Columbus, considering it was Friday, but I guess all the units that are based there are currently in Iraq, so it was dead. After a bit, we drove north to FDR State Park, where we pulled in about 5 minutes before they locked up for the night, and got ourselves a campground. We didn't stay up too long, since I at least, was quite tired. EXCITING!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb