Day Eighteen and Nineteen- Nashville to Atlanta/ Atlanta to Savannah


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Atlanta
May 23rd 2012
Published: May 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

18- We were originally going to drive to Savannah, Georgia over night this night to save money on accom and not miss out on any sightseeing, but we were already exhausted and had managed to see most of Nashville so we decided to book a cheap hotel ($40) in Atlanta as it was half way to Savannah so we could do laundry and catch up on sleep. That night we ordered room service and only left our room to collect our laundry.

19- After a sleep in and without breakfast we were on the road to Savannah. The place we stayed in Atlanta was 12 miles out of town so we didn't even get to see the city of Atlanta which was sad but at least we were semi refreshed and had clean clothes. We drove straight to a bike rental place in Savannah so we didn't miss out on any sightseeing. Savannah is a beautiful city, meant to be one of the prettiest in the US. There are lots of trees, pretty houses and a cute river that runs through the city. After bike riding we went to find our hotel but I hadn't written down the address. We knew what road it was on so we drove up and down it for a while before having to go back in to town to find a starbucks to look up the address. Whoopsy! It was a Friday night so we were pumped for a big night. We even wore heels out (we were in savannah so we thought everyone would be dressed up!) but noooooo one did and people even commented on them. But I mean we did end up going to places called 'wet willies', 'saddle bags' and 'the boiler room' (which is like the fannys of Savannah). Was pretty bad!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb