Moments in Transition


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Atlanta
May 8th 2011
Published: February 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Every long trip goes through an important moment of change.

Before this point, the trip feels like an interruption of everyday life.

It’s basically a longer than normal vacation.

In the early stretches, I found myself thinking of home, and then remembering that being at home would be a lot like being here.

After the moment, one realizes the trip IS everyday life, at least for a while.

All the little annoyances of life on the road (a schedule that always changes, not knowing where to sleep at night, finding laundry places and post offices, etc.) are what life is like now.

Of course, the endless exploration and discovery that all those annoyances enable is what life is like also.

Many people find themselves getting rather homesick at this moment.

For the most part, I had the opposite effect, a feeling that the world was waiting and anything was possible.



For the most part, today was another day of laundry, mail, and chores.

I didn’t like it very much, but it’s the price of having fun the other six days of the week.

I’m getting used to it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.286s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 32; qc: 105; dbt: 0.1913s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb