Destin - Awesome Sunrise!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida
May 21st 2005
Published: August 21st 2005
Edit Blog Post

destin158destin158destin158

Doesn't those clouds look like mountains behind the sea? Look at the pink reflection on the water!
Good Morning,

This morning I woke up to the most beautiful sunrise! To be honest, I couldn't even see the sun, but the glow of the sun reflected on the clouds above the ocean and it caused this pink hue that bounced off the emerald water. The pictures I will list will never do it justice. It was so, so beautiful. I was up early. Around 5:30am. Around 6am....there was a dawn wedding on the ocean. A small, intimate gathering. Very beautiful and romantic! There is something just magical about waking up in this place. I could never grow tired of the beautiful colors that come to be once the sun rises.

Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous day in Destin. There was a VERY strong breeze which cooled temps off quite a bit. On a scale of 1-10, I would give the day an 11! I mean, the sun was out, the temps were in the high 70's/low 80's and there was a gulf breeze that made the ocean choppy and the waves out of this world. It was one of those days where you could spend the whole day at the beach without getting hot, but still get
destin170destin170destin170

Another beautiful view. Words can't express the beauty of the pink glow on the dark green water.
a wicked sun-tan (or burn).

We finished work around 2pm and headed out to some stores and then to lunch at an adorable place up the road from Pompano Joe's -- The Crab Trap. This place, also located directly on the beach, was GREAT! The decor inside was shanky with Bahama ceiling fans and great retro 80's music playing. I felt like I was in an episode of Beverly Hills 90210! LOL! The view from our window seat, which was open, was spectacular. You could feel the salt air on your face and practically feel the wetness of the waves.

The Crab Trap is obviously known for their...well, crabs...lol...and seafood in general....I, of course, went for the burger which was HUGE! Whoah....it was very long and delicious. It filled me up for the whole day! April got a shrimp poboy which she said was delicious as well. Like I said, we go to places usually for the decor and atmosphere....the food is always second!

I took tons of pictures of the choppy, beautiful waves and surrounding area. There were these three young guys trying to surf. They were SOOOO California looking. I mean, looking at them standing
destin167destin167destin167

I just can't get over this...
there with their surfboards in their hands was the PERFECT PICTURE! It was SUCH a BEACH SCENE! I was loving it.

After lunch April and I went outside to get some sun and relax. We were outside soaking up the rays for maybe an hour. Then my lips started to burn (wind burn) and April started getting red....so we left! LOL!

We stopped at The Silver Sands Factory Outlet so I could run into the Eddie Bauer Outlet and buy some new polo's. The ladies in there were very, very nice. They make you feel so welcome and like a friend. It must be that darn Southern Hospitality!

We then decided to go to Destin Commons. We had been wanting to go to a show at the RAVE Cinema. When we arrived the only movie playing we could see was SAHARA....which was very, very good. It was like an Indian Jones type movie. We love that. Anything to do about adventure and travels is always exciting.

When we got out, it was close to 10pm and there were TONS of people out. They were checking out the shops, dining and enjoying the absolutely beautiful weather! MY
destin701destin701destin701

One more for ya'all!
GOSH....the breeze was out of this world. It felt like it was going to storm, but it didn't.

We headed back to our room and did, what else? WORK! LOL! I went to bed after 1am....not too much sleep last night.....I was wired for some reason!? LOL!

Anyway, today is just as gorgeous.....we have no set plans....so anything is possible!

Til Then....

Happy Travels!

Des & Ape


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

destin401destin401
destin401

Taken yesterday afternoon from our balcony. I just can't grow tired of this view!
destin503destin503
destin503

Wow...
destin511destin511
destin511

Beautiful...
destin515destin515
destin515

Paradise...
destin518destin518
destin518

View of Destin from another balcony near the elevator of our resort (Pelican Beach).
destin521destin521
destin521

Our resort lobby.
destin531destin531
destin531

This Beach, Marimar I believe, is next to The Crab Trap and Pompano Joe's on scenic 98. All these beaches are FREE and open to tbe public.
destin534destin534
destin534

Beautiful waves and color!
destin538destin538
destin538

They have the right idea! :)
destin603destin603
destin603

Entrance to The Crab Trap restaurant.
destin545destin545
destin545

Inside of Crab Trap restaurant.
destin549destin549
destin549

Ape reading the menu and awesome view from our seats.
destin550destin550
destin550

Awesome view outside!
destin604destin604
destin604

More great, colorful views!
destin608destin608
destin608

Outside beach bar at The Crab Trap!
destin5091destin5091
destin5091

There was a yellow flag flying yesterday which meant rough surf!
destin618destin618
destin618

How cool is this picture???


Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 84; dbt: 0.0927s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb