Palm Beach, Florida - United States of America


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida
April 20th 2000
Published: November 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Palm BeachPalm BeachPalm Beach

Palm Beach, Florida - United States of America

Apr 20, 2000









*City official name :Palm Beach
*Founded date :
*Location :Florida State
*Elavation :? ft (? m)
*Area :Approximately ? square miles (? km²).
*Facts :Palm Beach is a city (collectively classified as a town) located in Palm Beach County, Florida, 65 miles north of Miami. The Intracoastal Waterway separates it from the neighboring cities of West Palm Beach and Lake Worth. Palm Beach was established as a resort by Henry Flagler, a founder of Standard Oil, who made the Atlantic coast barrier island accessible via his Florida East Coast Railway. The nucleus of Palm Beach was established by Flagler's two luxury resort hotels, the Royal Poinciana Hotel and The Breakers Hotel. West Palm Beach was built across Lake Worth as a service town, and has become a major city in its own right.

Flagler's houselots were bought by the beneficiaries of the Gilded Age, and in 1902 Flagler himself built a Beaux-Arts mansion, Whitehall, designed by the New York-based firm Carrère and Hastings and helped establish the Palm Beason winter "season" by constant entertaining. The town was incorporated on April 17, 1911.

As of 2000, Palm Beach had a
Palm BeachPalm BeachPalm Beach

Palm Beach, Florida - United States of America
year-round population of 10,468, with an estimated seasonal population of 30,000. As of 2004, the year-round population recorded by the U.S. Census Bureau is 9,860.

Many of Palm Beach's residents are affluent, with a median household income of $94,562 and a median family income of $137,867. The town's affluence, and its "abundance of pleasures" and "strong community-oriented sensibility" were cited when it was selected in June, 2003 as America's "Best Place to Live" by Robb Report magazine.

The city is served by Palm Beach International Airport.






Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Palm BeachPalm Beach
Palm Beach

Palm Beach, Florida - United States of America


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb