Vero Beach (because we like it)!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Vero Beach
August 27th 2014
Published: June 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 27.6583, -80.3706

Now that we were back in Florida, to wait out the remainder of hurricane season, the original idea was that we'd come into Ft. Pierce, stay anchored outside the Harbourtown Marina for one night, check into American waters, get our American Cruising permit and then move on to Vero Beach right away.

We had been through Vero on our way down the ICW and had enjoyed it (and the marina's facilities) and figured that it made sense to go back up to a spot we enjoyed so much. Vero Beach has an excellent pubic transit system and the beach is within walking distance from the marina.

On the second day after we had arrived in Ft. Pierce we took a walk along the marina docks and I spotted a catamaran that I recognized. It was a couple we had met four years ago while in the Abacos with John & Joanne (our dock neighbours from EYC). When I saw Marshall and Tracy's boat, I immediately approached and called out Tracy's name. It took her a moment to figure out who we were, but then she called for Marshall and together we all had a good laugh and before we knew it we were all chatting as though no time had passed! We stayed in Ft. Pierce for a few extra days so that we could spend time with them and then had a farewell dinner with them a month later as we were passing through again.

We pretty much spent the month of September on a mooring ball at Vero. Then we moved back down to Ft. Pierce for a couple of nights and then on to Stuart as we had to get to Indiantown for insurance purposes.




Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Vero Beach Sunset!Vero Beach Sunset!
Vero Beach Sunset!

You're gonna see this one A LOT - Vero Beach has been one of the best places for incredible sunsets!


Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb