Flying Out of Tampa International Airport


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Tampa
March 13th 2015
Published: March 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Flying can be one of the most stressful aspects of any trip or vacation. You have to search for well priced tickets, make sure you have enough time to run through airport terminals should you have to take a connecting flight, deal with luggage and add on fees for checked bags, and if you’re traveling with kids, there’s an entirely new spectrum of issues you could run into. Luckily for me, I live in a city with a huge international airport. Tampa International Airportis a major hub for business travelers, families, and everyone in between. It serves as a place for thousands of people to leave from and arrive in daily. Living in Tampa myself, it’s extremely convenient when traveling, because the airport is easily accessible from everywhere in the city.

The airport is modern and provides tons of shops and restaurants to explore while you wait to board your flight. There are family friendly restaurants where you can grab a quick bite to eat, as well as gourmet markets and bakeries. You can also spend hours in all of the shops, which range from bookstores to lavish shops selling jewelry. You can even get a haircut or a shoe shine if you’re traveling for business and need to freshen up.

A major concern most of us face when traveling is what to do with our cars while we’re away. While there are options for on-site parking at the airport, off-site has proven to be more cost effective. Memorial Airport Parking, specifically, is a great location to park as it’s just 1.5 miles away from the airport and charges less than five dollars a day. A shuttle service brings you to and from the airport terminal and luggage assistance is also included at no additional charge, making it extremely convenient. It also runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so you don’t have to worry about waiting around for a lot to open whether you’re catching a red eye or flying in the middle of the afternoon. You just need to plan for an additional twenty minutes to ensure you can park your car and arrive at the airport on time. The facility is gated and has round the clock surveillance, so you don’t have to worry about the security of your car while you’re away.

If you aren’t in need of parking, Tampa provides a great public transport system, HART, which has a route serving TPA every day of the week. On weekdays, it runs from 4:30 AM to midnight, and weekend routes run from 7 AM to 10 PM, so that no matter what time your flight is, you’ll have access to a bus to transport you to the airport. All you have to do is hop on Route 30 and you’ll be taken to the airport. You’ll save money on cab fare, and parking, so it’s a win-win whether you’re from the city or traveling from out of town.

Tampa is a bustling city and living in close proximity to the TPA makes traveling anywhere I could possibly want to go even more accessible. I’ve had family and friends fly in through that airport without any issues, and most people feel that it is an accommodating and user friendly place to travel through. So if you ever have to fly out of the Tampa International Airport, rest assured that you’ll have an enjoyable experience that won’t add to the stresses of your travel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.05s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb