Day 37- Contiki Day 15


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Tallahassee
August 6th 2009
Published: August 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Orlando, FloridaOrlando, FloridaOrlando, Florida

The park next to our hotel
Temp: 34°C

Another early start, up at 6:30am for brekkie and bags to coach by 7:30.
We had a whole day of driving ahead of us before we reached Orlando. We stopped a couple of times at a some rest stops, the main one was at Tallahassee, Florida for lunch. Tallahassee is the state capital of Florida.
We were on our way an hour later, Christina had put Apollo 13 on for us to keep us entertained as we are heading to the Kennedy Space Center in a few days.
The trip was so long that we got time to watch Pirates of the Caribbean aswell (a Disney movie in honour of people heading to DisneyWorld tomorrow.
It took about an hour longer to get to Orlando then planned as along the way we got stuck in traffic. Turns out there was a really bad accident, so bad that when we got up to it, the drivers side was completely smashed in and everyone who sticky beaked regretted it as the body was lying on the road...
We arrived in Orlando just after7pm. Our rooms here were huge. We have a lounge room, a living room, a kitchen and 3
Orlando, FloridaOrlando, FloridaOrlando, Florida

The park next to our hotel
double beds in each room...crazy big.
We headed over to old town for our included dinner (i tell you, cant wait to get home to proper food!!) then headed back as we all had a stack load of washing to do. Spent abit of time doing washing, headed back over to old town to get an icecream, instead we found a day spa and got A FREE neck massage. Headed back to the hotel and watched the nanny on telly (there appeared to be a Nanny marathon on). Not a very thrilling day but it was the longest drive of the trip over and done with (thank goodness!!)


Advertisement



Tot: 0.422s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 90; dbt: 0.1298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb