Jumped ship! New job for the summer ::: Lazzara 116" up the East coast of USA: First Leg ...Hall of Fame, Fort Lauderdale to San Augustin, FL


Advertisement
Published: June 9th 2015
Edit Blog Post

To make the story short…My job was done in the Westport 112 as the owners didn’t have any more trips planned on the yacht for the rest of the summer. Luckily Fort Lauderdale is full of boats this time of the year and there is plenty of work around. The yachts are coming back from the Caribbean season and Bahamas to head to the Med, Alaska and the West Coast of US and Canada. …Or to do the traditional East coast USA. I didn’t want to waste time looking for the dream itinerary and miss the season so just grabbed the first opportunity. I got offered to join a Lazzara 116’ and chef for the owners and crew. We had a few days to get the boat ready and provision. We departure early to bit a storm. Tp be safe the captain decided to travel up the inter-coastal instead of going out to the ocean. I was happy because the journey is full of photography opportunities and landscape changes as we move up. We run 13 hrs along the coast and harbored for the night in beautiful historic town St Augustin, Fl. We were running at 20-22 knots burning 140 gal an hr (roughly a total of US$5500 for the day !!) We were all tired but its such a pretty town that we forced ourselves to go for a short walk and enjoy a drink and famous Spanish tapa bar Sangrias….


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



9th June 2015

Congratulations on your new job....
sounds like a fun experience.
12th June 2015

Fantastic opportunity
Eager to read all the details as you explore and enjoy the new job.
24th June 2015

Thank YOu
24th June 2015

Thank You!!

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb