....and The Beat Goes On


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Seffner
January 7th 2013
Published: January 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

NO MORE!NO MORE!NO MORE!

Cory & Lulu strapping flapping side with bungee
Putting the gray hair, ulcer-maker, stroke starters behind us, we programmed the GPS for Lazydays. Smooth Sailing now .... Or so we thought! About 50 miles from Lazydays, Cory looked in the side mirror and wondered what was flapping on the side of the motor home! YOU DO NOT WANT ANYTHING FLAPPING! We pulled over and looked all around the RV. Didn't see anything. Then we started touching the sides, etc. Found the problem....the wall section around the back wheel was loose so as we drove, it "flapped" out in the breeze....."waving" at everyone as we traveled. It must have loosened when we were hung up on "the rock". Crap! So Cory got out his trusty bungee cord and strapped it up and we were good to go. This has not been our easiest trip South. We've had better. At least it has provided fodder for my blog.

We made it to Lazydays yesterday around 4:00 pm ... more or less in one piece. We've parked the rig in the parking lot. We are staying in a wonderful motel (Country Inn & Suites) adjacent to LD. Today, we are dealing with the insurance adjuster, body shop estimater and getting it
Country Inn Country Inn Country Inn

Way down on the Swanee River-bed
de-winterized. We shall return here in Feb. to have the damage repaired after the parts come in (been there, done that before....remember Red Bay). It's always comforting to be in service areas with other RVer's....someone always has a worse problem so it helps to keep everything in perspective. Met a nice couple: full timers from Oswego, NY. that we passed time with. We shall stay tonight at the nice motel again and head east to Tropical Palms tomorrow....in the words of Paul McCartney: Let It Be. Lulu has enjoyed herself while we have been at Lazydays....it doesn't take much to please her.

We have our casino cards in our pocket so later today may head over to the Hard Rock Casino (close by) to see which way our luck is heading....so far, it hasn't been too good as you know. We are ready for a change and what better place to find it but on the crap table. Warm up your throwing hand, Cory, "RV needs a new door" instead of " new shoes". It's time to make more lemonade from our lemons...the bar at Hard Rock will be the perfect place to start squeezing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Entrance to LazydaysEntrance to Lazydays
Entrance to Lazydays

Driving her own rig
Tent CamperTent Camper
Tent Camper

Liking this one...
PerfectPerfect
Perfect

No problems here
The KitchenThe Kitchen
The Kitchen

Lulu always wants to help
Dining Hall at LazydaysDining Hall at Lazydays
Dining Hall at Lazydays

'Tis the season to be jolly!
TransportationTransportation
Transportation

Lulu is happy with a 2-wheeler
Go, Girl, GoGo, Girl, Go
Go, Girl, Go

Slow but no breakdowns


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb