Packed and ready to hit the road


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Sarasota
December 24th 2013
Published: December 25th 2013
Edit Blog Post

All suitcases packed! We are leaving early Dec. 25 in the morning to Miami to catch our 3:50pm flight into Dusseldorf. We arrive approximately at 6am and once we pick up the rental car we are off. Cross your fingers that everything fits in the rental. They said it fit 3 suitcases and two carryon.



Our first stop is Aachen, Germany at the point where Germany borders on Belgium and the Netherlands. Historically this spa-town was a prominent city, the place where the German Kings were crowned, and a famously favored residence of Charlemagne who still lies buried in the impressive cathedral he himself had built. The city is packed with historic sites that remind of those days, including medieval buildings, city gates and beautiful fountains.



Our next stop is Vaals. The small Dutch town directly next to Aachen. We will do a stop at Dreiländereck, which is the Point where Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium meet.



After these stops, we head into Brussels. I think before we head to the hotel we will stop at the Cantillon Brewery, notable for its Lambic beer. This was my reason for stopping here in Brussels. My surprise to Bryan! He couldn’t believe I would remember a beer label and then hunt down the brewery. I DID!! The brewery also houses the Gueuze Museum. Patricia Schultz listed the brewery and its museum in 1,000 Places to See Before You Die.



Our goal is to head out for a few minutes after we check-in to see the Chirstmas markets before we all fall asleep standing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1005s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb