North Beach Camp Resort and St. Augustine


Advertisement
Published: April 8th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The Tolomato River BeachThe Tolomato River BeachThe Tolomato River Beach

This is on the west side of the camp - soft sand, great sunsets and seems to be good fishing.
North Beach Camp Resort and St. Augustine

I’m keeping my promise of no blog redundancies so I’m not going to restate everything we love about this area. It is usually our first stop on our way to and from Florida. This time, our campsite was closer to the river side of the park than ever before and we like the westerly orientation. Fabulous sunsets and we had never paid much attention to the narrow river beach but now see how lovely it is. Our stay, during Florida schools’ spring Break, meant we saw more happy kids fishing, riding their bikes, playing catch, enjoying the pool and really having a blast in the great outdoors.

The Atlantic Ocean constantly resculpts the beach here. During this visit, the sand seems softer and low tide makes a way wider beach than we had ever seen before.

Our foray into the town of Saint Augustine resulted in some great buys – a metal fish about a foot long with saw-like teeth and the word "Cuda" at MetalArt, a gallery representing some 50 regional artists, and fun additions to my wardrobe at Cotton Ways! So happy to see St. Augustine’s Spanish Street and
Sunset CruiseSunset CruiseSunset Cruise

We watched this boat pass by!
environs looking spiffy – the new street scape is a far cry from the muddy construction project that local businesses and tourists endured when last we visited.

Jeremy, Chris and Erin still hold forth at the Reef restaurant where the martinis are icy and we were introduced to a crisp new Reisling from Four Graces. The menu has been tweaked a tad pate, ahi tuna, mussels, prime rib, and Caesar salads appeard on our tab. The Buffalo Rose trio played standards on our last night. Great vocals and wonderfully sounds from a wailing harmonica. Perfect way to end the stay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

FishingFishing
Fishing

These boys had a blast and later on at the "fish station" one of them got hands on with cleaning a fish. Now that's a skill!
Natural LandscapingNatural Landscaping
Natural Landscaping

The RV is hiding! Wonderful site!
Typical Check In at North Beach Typical Check In at North Beach
Typical Check In at North Beach

Get your reservations early --- this place often flashes the "no vacancy" sign.
A Family in the Tide PoolA Family in the Tide Pool
A Family in the Tide Pool

I don't know these people; but they were having a swell time. BTW Dogs Allowed on North Beach!


9th April 2015
Dramatic Sky

St. Augustine
A beautiful part of Florida

Tot: 0.739s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 27; qc: 121; dbt: 0.2474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb