Edit Blog Post
Published: June 25th 2017
Geo: 30.1598, -85.6603
I begin this journey with hesitation and trepidation. When Steve suggested taking a cross-country road trip, I knew what we were in for. I had taken one years ago. And before we left, I joked with friends that we would be back in a month or so…if we didn't kill each other. But the day has come and here we are. And in reflection, I have set my mind on a few goals to achieve and a few prayers to pray.
1. I pray that we have a safe trip and return alive, healthy, strong and together mentally and physically.
2. I pray that our journey provides new experiences to have and enjoy.
3. I pray that I keep my complaints to myself, my temper in check, and that my body holds up so that Steve can enjoy himself. (And I wouldn't mind if he kept his in check, too.)
4. I want to climb Pike's Peak again
5. Drive the Pacific Coast Hwy, which I have never done before
6. See New Orleans for the first time.
So, here we go…with Poinciana in our rearview mirror.
We left home at 8:30 AM and drove all the way to Panama City, FL, arriving at 3:30 PM. The word for today is GREEN. The driving was easy enough, but the route was uninteresting. Lots of forest land in the panhandle along I-10. Before checking into the Comfort Inn, we drove south to see the water. We were disappointed that it was St. Andrew Bay, not the open Gulf. Looking forward to driving along the Gulf tomorrow morning and seeing the beaches.
Tot: 2.372s; Tpl: 0.046s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0321s; 2; m:saturn w:www (184.108.40.206); sld: 3;
; mem: 1.2mb