Where's the sun?


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Panama City Beach
February 26th 2012
Published: March 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

2-26 and 2-27



The days are running together. This area has been under a cloud since Dee arrived on the 21st. All she wanted was a little sun on the beach but it is not to be. So we have been touring the area and getting to know Panama Beach real well. We visited the pier with all it’s beautiful shops, not the same old thing as home but unique ones. We have had wonderful meals at some restaurants along the way and seen beautiful sights. Dee had raw oysters and said they were the best she ever had. Then last night we found an Italian place whose owner was from Jersey and she had shrimp scampi and said it was the best she ever had. I had veal parmesan and it was one of the best I ever had. The pasta was homemade and just perfect.

After shopping and dining our way around town we hit 2 movie theaters and saw The Grey in one and The Decedents in another. The Grey was exciting but depressing, we both loved Decendents, well look who starred in it, George Clooney.



A little about the weather. It is cold at night 45 and maybe 55 during the day with a raw wind and occasional rain storm. It is as depressing as the weather at home this time of year. The really fun part was when you took a shower, the bathroom is WELL ventilated and just when you get all wet somebody opens the door and the coldest blast of air hits you like an arctic blast! We took quick showers.



The only saving grace is that we have tv and watched the Oscars and all the shows the morning after. Nice leisurely coffee time, late breakfast, no rush, no hurry.

Oscar has been a wonderful boy and loves his walks with Dee and just loves her being with us even though he has to give up his shot-gun seat.



The weather man keeps saying sun tomorrow. I saw a sign at one of the campgrounds that said “Free beer here” Then under it in small letters it said “tomorrow”.

If you want a job that you don’t have to be good at, come to Florida and be a weather man.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb