Magic Kingdom @ Disney World - our first day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
December 28th 2014
Published: September 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 28.3508, -81.5482

After sleeping through to 10:00am we were up in a flash,showered and shampooed before dashing off on the walk to breakfast

Breakfast complete onto the bus for the trip to Magic Kingdom. What a crowd! We stopped and watched the Festival of Fantasy Parade before experiencing Stitches Great Escape. Then it was of to Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover for a monorail ride. We got organised with our Fast Pass whist ration on our Magic wrist bands and successfully missed the first ride. We saw now in a standby queue and have been for about 60 minutes waiting on Seven Dearf's mine train which is now temporarily shutdown for technical difficulties. We did however receive a Fast Pass redemption ticket for our troubles. Oh well, off to more walking and a ride on Dumbo the Flying Elephant and a train ride through the Haunted House (very good) As we walk to Pirates of the Caribbean, you guessed it Celina has stopped at another souvenir shop! Who's made a mistake? It was Sophie & Emma's turn to shop. They bought a Minny & Micky pair of dolls, very nice souvenir. It's now 18:00 (this place is open till 01:00 am tomorrow) and we are in a 75 minute queue for Splash Mountain then another 75 minute queue for Big Thunder Mountain Railway ( a runaway train in the gold mine). These were both great rides. To have a bit of a rest we took the Walt Disney World Railway around the park gaining a good overview albeit dark. From here we went to Pirates of the Caribbean, the Mad Tea Party and awed at the spectacular crystal lit Cinderella's Castle. It is now 23:00 so we took the advantage of the free fast pass & finally did the Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride. Not finished yet so we organised another fast pass and took on Space Mountain, this was sf fast, much longer than any other ride and everyone had heaps of fun. Off to the bus now but not before stopping off again to look through some shops. Finally into bed at 01:30am for a well earned rest.

Magic Kingdom Park, commonly known as Magic Kingdom, is the first-built of the four theme parks at the Walt Disney World Resort in Bay Lake, Florida, near Orlando, Florida. It opened on October 1, 1971.

Advertisement



31st December 2014

Wow sounds like to had a blast!

Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb