Orlando


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
December 14th 2016
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Side ShowSide ShowSide Show

Don't really know what this is about, some sort of upmarket side-show alley attraction, by the look of it. Notice the upside down palm trees? We stopped near the giant Orange County Convention Centre to get some dinner (Pizza Hut, loved it) then bought some basic groceries for the next three breakfasts.
Geo: 28.3903, -81.4711

Great to be back in warm sunshine and wearing shorts again! Came through Atlanta which is now the world's busiest airport by passenger movements. Incredible place with so many people moving about efficiently! Incidentally, Memphis (home of FedEx) is the second busiest cargo airport in the world.

Our 2BR WorldMark apartment is very spacious and well located on International Dr, one of the arterial streets in tourist Orlando, a broad strip about 20km long south of the CBD.

We bought a trolley 24-hour ticket that allows anytime hop-on hop-off on the couple of loops between Universal Studios in the north and Walt Disney World further south. There's an App that shows you where the next trolley is and estimates how long before it reaches your stop. Very useful! Orlando seems to be mostly about resorts and theme parks. There's heaps of them, and they're huge. We will visit the CBD in the next couple of days but it seems that the business of Orlando is tourism, full stop.

After checking out the cost of shuttles and cabs - as well as Disney's Epcot we want to do a propeller-powered swamp boat excursion and getting there is expensive, we decided to hire a car for a couple of days and drop it off at the airport when we leave for Miami on Saturday.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb