It's Happy New Year time in Orlando


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando
January 1st 2010
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 28.5377, -81.3774

Whoooo. This air! It curls my hair and makes my skin look fabulous--it's not crocodile skin anymore. This is not I-can't-hardly-breathe humid. It's just WONDERFUL humid--the kind that smells like heaven.

And what Arizona could do with even one of these little ponds. You ever look at a google map of this place? They have puddles in their puddles. I never saw a place so FLAT with so much water. Alligator infested, yes, but oh my, how wet!

We're obviously not in Phoenix anymore--landed in Orlando last night. The flight was easy, the check-in pretty smooth--what with my practice run w/Daisy and all. Our only hitch was with the computer. Bob's never carried the pack w/a computer before and forgot to take it out. But Sky Harbor is used to idiots and everyone was very forgiving of the old folks. After all, Phoenix IS Old Folks Heaven. They grow 'em there.

Jerry & Nancy, Bob's brother & sister, picked us up at the airport and took us right to Tammy & Moody's place for a New Year open house she was hosting the night before she and Emily fly off to Israel. Whatta girl.

Course, being the night owls we are, we were long gone before most of the guests arrived, but that gave us a chance to visit. Tammy will be gone the whole time we're here--she actually comes back the day we fly out to Buenos Aires, so tonight was our only chance to see her.

We procured an invitation to come back bass fishing though--can't wait. Here bass-y, bass-y.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb